- Doors open at 7:45 a.m. for all students. Breakfast and lunch will be served daily free to all students.
- All students will receive a dismissal tag to be placed on your dashboard ordriver’s window to expedite your child’s pick-up.
- Students will not be released to stay at Morgan Levy Park at dismissal time. There is no supervision.
School hours and Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
- Drop-off and pick-up should be timely every day. Students must be in their seats at the designated arrival time or will be marked tardy
- For safety concerns, please do not leave cars unattended in the circular drop-off/pick-up areas and students must exit the cars adjacent to the curb side.
- Pre-K (8:20 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. or 1:50 p.m.) Main Entrance – southeast circular driveway
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade (8:20 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.) Morgan Levy Park – north back entrance of the school
- 2nd Grade – 5th Grade (8:35 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.) Main Entrance – southeast circular driveway
- 6th Grade – 8th Grade (8:35 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.) Morgan Levy Park – north back entrance of the school
Wednesdays: all students (grades K-8th) dismiss at 1:50 p.m.
- Students in grades 6th – 8th that have younger siblings will report to their younger sibling’s dismissal location. (i.e., a 6th grade student with a 4th grade brother/sister will report to the dismissal location of the 4th grade student).
- Older brothers and/or sisters attending John I. Smith K-8 Center should not be made responsible for younger siblings in kindergarten or first grade at dismissal time. The children in these grades cannot be kept in the classroom or the office until older brothers or sisters are dismissed at 3:05 p.m. Students may not remain in, or return to, the building after dismissal to wait for friends.
- UNDER NO CURCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANY STUDENT REMAIN IN THE BUILDING OR RETURN TO THE BUILDING AFTER DISMISSAL. ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO LEAVE SCHOOL GROUNDS WITHIN 15 MINUTES FOLLOWING DISMISSAL TIME, EXCEPT FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE ENROLLED IN THE AFTER-SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM.
Rainy Day Dismissal
- Pre-K, 2nd Grade – 5th Grade – parents must park in the front of the school and get down to pick-up their child at the main entrance. Students will be held in their classrooms.
- Kindergarten – 1st Grade and 6th – 8th Grade – parents must park at Morgan Levy Park and walk to back entrance of the school to pick up their child. Students will be held in the PLC building.
- Parents must report to the office to receive children who are to be dismissed prior to dismissal times. Students cannot be dismissed early from their classrooms without approval from the office staff. Office personnel will call for students; parents/guardians are responsible for signing students out after showing proper identification. (K-1st gr; students may not be picked up early after 1:20pm; grades 2–8 students may not be picked up early after 2:30pm). Please note that students will only be released to the persons listed on the Emergency Contact Form which is completed by the parents and kept in the office.
- In the case of divorced or separated parents, the enrolling parent shall indicate on the Emergency Student Data Form the individual(s) to whom the student may be released during the school day.